Teen runaway dies after being hit by several vehicles | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV) - The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's major crash investigation team is looking to its second pedestrian fatality in four days.
The latest accident happened a little after 7 p.m. Tuesday near the intersection of East W.T. Harris Boulevard and Rocky River Road.
Police said a 14-year-old boy, who was a runaway, stepped into traffic and was hit by several cars. Late word is the unnamed victim had run away from home just before the accident.
No one has been charged with a crime in connection to hitting the boy, police said.
However, one of the driver's involved was cited for not having a license.
First responders pronounced the victim dead on the scene.
Any person who witnessed the crash or has information about the case is asked to call Detective Kevin Allred at 704-336-8862.
The victim's name has not been released.
Upcoming Events near University City
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies looking for 2 men in armed robbery of insurance office
- Two arrested in string of car windows being shot out with BB gun
- Property owners encouraged to prevent cankerworms with tree bands
- Concord Mills shows off new aquarium in the works
- Man arrested, charged with stealing drugs from Concord pharmacy
- Teachers teach students not to be a product of their environment
- Meck Co. Health Dept helping residents register for Health Care
- Union County DSS case sparks Meck Co. to ask questions
- Saints return to New Orleans delayed, shortening preps for Panthers
- Update: Victim identified in east Charlotte homicide
- MEDIC: Two injured in southeast Charlotte wreck
- Firefighters investigating house fire in Elizabeth neighborhood
- French government to honor 15 NC veterans in Charlotte today
- Charlotte woman turning to Internet for clues in home break-in
- Police looking for two men wanted in connection to South End car break-ins